About BLS English
Teaching with Passion
BLS English was founded in 1995 with the simple philosophy of “teaching with passion”. Almost 20 years on, the school has grown, but everyone here is committed to delivering learning opportunities of the highest quality in English language teaching.
Personal Approach to Learning English
BLS English welcomes students from all over the world and from many different backgrounds – this is what makes the atmosphere special and perfect for learning. Over the years, BLS has welcomed over 90 different nationalities to study on English language courses. As a student, you are an individual. BLS understands this and will help you to achieve your personal goals.
What you Need to Know About BLS English…
BLS English is situated in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk and has 3 centrally located Centres: 1 dedicated to Adults and 2 to Young Learners.
BLS Executive Adult Centre (16+ years): 147 Kings Road, Bury St Edmunds IP33 3DJ
Our Adult Centre is right in the heart of modern Bury St Edmunds only seconds from the shopping centre, cafes and restaurants. The Centre has spacious classrooms, a quiet self-study centre, student common room, recreation area with table tennis, and two courtyards in which to relax.
BLS Junior Centre and Residence (10-17 years): 8 Springfield Road, Bury St Edmunds IP33 3AN
Our main year-round Junior Centre is located in a safe and central residential area just minutes from a nature reserve, sports centre and cinema. With 8 class rooms and gardens to relax it is spacious and safe for our juniors to meet and make friends from around the world and of course practise their English.
BLS Seasonal Junior Centre (10-17 years): 5 Angel Hill, Bury St Edmunds, IP33 1UZ
The four class rooms overlook the Cathedral and the stunning Abbey Gardens, and are just moments from the Market and shops. Students can easily walk to the centre or be dropped off by hosts right outside the door!
Why students choose BLS English:
- Personal care and attention is a priority.
- We are British Council accredited and members of English UK.
- Bury St Edmunds is a safe town where it is easy to walk around without the need of public transport.
- Great cafes and entertainment facilities near all our centres.
- Only minutes walk to modern shopping centres.
- 3 great school locations in central Bury (15 minute walk between centres)
- Qualified and passionate teachers.
- Individual support from our Director of Studies.
- Bury St Edmunds is a beautiful, traditional English market town with a rich history.