Summer Teenager English & Activity Course
Intensive English with host accommodation, excursions, sports and evening social activities.
17th June to 31st August 2013
(Minimum 2 weeks start any Monday)
Maximum 15 students per class
Students arrive on Sunday and leave on Saturday
A Safe Environment
Bury St Edmunds is not only beautiful, it is also very safe. This provides the perfect environment to encourage students to rapidly learn about both the British language and culture. Students become part of a friendly English home and will quickly develop their English communication skills.
New for Summer 2013
University of Cambridge Examination syllabus. For those higher level students, you will learn about this CEFR B2 level exam. You could sit the exam while in the UK or when you return home.
English Course Fees Include -
- Carefully inspected native host accommodation
- Easy walk to school from accommodation or host will drive and collect
- Care and support from Welfare Officer
- Full level testing on arrival
- 21 hours of lessons per week
- University of Cambridge FCE syllabus
- A weekly half day excursion to towns and cities around Bury St Edmunds, e.g. Ipswich, Cambridge and Newmarket
- Saturday full day excursions with activity staff and teachers
- 2 evening activities – supervised social programme with BLS staff
- Sports every week – modern local leisure centre
- All meals – 3 per day (packed lunches Mon – Sat)
- Course certificate and student stationery
- Use of internet – with host family or wireless available
We strongly believe that our homestay families are an important part of our success. They are carefully selected and checked for safety and for their understanding of international students. The welfare officer and principal regularly checks that each and every student is happy throughout the course.
Chauffeured airport meet and greet can be arranged but is not included in the fee. We can also help to check students in for the return – see details.
BLS English encourages a mix of nationalities in the classes. We encourage only English to be spoken in class. Students of the same nationality are, wherever possible, not together.
The focus is on grammar and communication. We cover all of the main skills of Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening using the most modern resources. Our aim is to significantly boost every student’s English in a short time ready for school or university in September.
Evening Social Programme
There are 2 evening activities arranged and supervised by BLS staff each week of the summer programme. These include Teenager Discos, British Food Evening, Summer Games, Bowling, Film Evening, Laser Quest plus much more. The idea is that our juniors are given the opportunity to practise their English in a safe, multi-cultural atmosphere.
NB: Homework is set every day and tests are given every week.