Summer Courses in Bury St Edmunds – BOOK NOW for 2017!June 23, 2015
Summer Courses are here and you can start any Monday.
This week at BLS, our students have been busy on their summer courses making new friends and enjoying life in Bury St Edmunds. Living with local hosts is a great way to settle in and learn about the British way of life. Our native teachers are here to speak with you and make sure our students use only English in the class room! We have a team of welfare staff to check you are happy and sort any problem if you are not.
When you choose a summer course make sure you choose a school that is accredited so you can rest assured they meet the necessary standards for a successful and safe programme. British Council is one accreidtation body. Independant Schools Inspectorate (ISI) are another.
BLS Summer Courses
- 24 hour emergency phone line
- We meet you at the airport
- Intensive English focusing on communication skills
- Afternoon communication activities (presentation skills)
- Sports or Drama or Art lessons
- Trips every week on private coach
- Meet people from other countries
- Sit an exam whilst here – IELTS or FCE
- Busy social programme
The activities on the summer course this week are
- Historical tour of Bury St Edmunds
- Half day trip to West Stow Anglo Saxon Village
- Football match
- Film night
- British Food Tasting
- Table tennis competition
- Trip to London to see the sights and have a picnic in Hyde park
Why go on a Summer Course in England?
Leaving home for the first time is a massive opportunity, although a bit scary. You will learn to adapt to your new surroundings and to become more independent. These are life skills. English itself is not the only skill you will learn or develop on a summer course. You will learn to be responsible for your own learning too and make some valuable friends along the way. You will meet people in the same situation as you of course and so share the same journey!