About BLS English
Teaching English with Passion
BLS English was founded in 1995 by Patrick Murphy with the simple philosophy of “teaching with passion”. Since then, the school has grown sustainably but there still remains a strong commitment to delivering learning opportunities of the highest quality.
Personal Approach to Learning English
BLS English welcomes students from all over the world and from many different backgrounds. We believe that this is what makes the atmosphere special and perfect for learning. Over the years, BLS has welcomed over 90 different nationalities to study on English language courses. As a student, you are an individual. BLS understands this and will help you to achieve your personal goals.
What you Need to Know About BLS English…
BLS English is situated in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk and has 2 centrally located Centres: 1 dedicated to Adults and 1 to Young Learners.
BLS Executive Adult Centre (16+ years): 147 Kings Road, Bury St Edmunds IP33 3DJ
Our Adult Centre is right in the heart of modern Bury St Edmunds only seconds from the shopping centre, cafes and restaurants. The Centre has five spacious classrooms, a quiet self-study centre, student common room, piano, recreation area with table tennis, and two courtyards in which to relax.
BLS Junior Centre and Residence (10-17 years): 8 Springfield Road, Bury St Edmunds IP33 3AN
Our main year-round Junior Centre is in a safe residential area just minutes from a nature reserve, sports centre and cinema and close tp the town centre. With eight class rooms and gardens to relax it is spacious and safe for our juniors to meet and make friends from around the world and of course practise their English.
Why students choose BLS English:
- Personal care and attention is a priority.
- We are British Council accredited and members of English UK.
- We are accredited by Quality English.
- Bury St Edmunds is a safe town where it is easy to walk around without the need of public transport.
- You can walk to school (30 minutes maximum) or your host will drive (30 minutes maximum).
- Great cafes and entertainment facilities near all our centres.
- Only minutes walk to modern shopping centres.
- Great school locations in central Bury (15-minute walk between centres).
- Individual support from our Director of Studies.
- Bury St Edmunds is a safe, traditional English market town with a rich history.