Travel to Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
It is very easy to travel to Bury St Edmunds by train, car or coach. Our school is located in the historic town of Bury St Edmunds in the county of Suffolk. Cambridge, Newmarket, Ipswich and Norwich are very easy to reach from Bury St Edmunds and London Stansted Airport is only 45 minutes away. Heathrow and Gatwick airports are a 90-minute journey by taxi transfer.
Adult Centre (and BLS Office)
Easy to Reach Bury St Edmunds
- Fly to London Stansted, Luton, Heathrow, Gatwick or City Airports
- Drive: Only 45 minutes from London Stansted Airport
- London City and London Luton airports are approximately 75 minutes.
- 90 minutes from Heathrow and Gatwick.
- We can arrange a taxi to meet you from anywhere in the UK. See Airport Taxi fees
- Trains from London Liverpool Street (change at Ipswich);
- Trains from London Kings Cross (change at Cambridge);
- Direct coaches from London Victoria – booking in advance can cost under £20 return
- Direct coaches from Stansted Airport
- Coaches from Heathrow and Gatwick (change in London)
Once you have arrived at BLS, you will be able to visit many interesting local places because of our great location. There will be school trips to nearby cities such as Cambridge, Norwich and of course London. There are also many smaller towns and villages and National Trust places of interest all on our doorstep. Younger learners will have trips included in their summer programmes. Adults will be able to sign up and choose and pay as they go. We suggest you make the most of our beautiful region and take back wonderful memories. You can ask for more details when you book or when in Bury St Edmunds.